Take a list of emails and separate them with a semi-colon (;)
Today I will share with you a small trick I often use when I need to send emails to many people but I only have a list of emails 1 per line or in an Excel spreadsheet. The problem is that most email software will accept a list of email addresses, but they have to be separated by a semi-colon (;) So here is how to get it done:
- If your list of email addresses is not yet in Microsoft Excel, copy it then paste it in Excel
- Select the cells containing the emails and copy it (Ctrl-c) or right click then click on Copy
- Open a new Microsoft Word document and paste your list as plain text
- If you are the keyboard shortcuts type, hit Ctrl-c then press and release Ctrl, then press t
- If you are the mouse type, then right click and hit the yellow button in this image.
- We now have a list of emails one per line. We just need to replace the line returns by semicolons (;) using the search and replace tool.
- If you are a keyboard shortcuts type, hit Ctrh+h
- If you are a mouse type, Click on Replace in the home toolbar
- In the search and replace dialog, click the More button to show all features
- First click in the Find what: field and delete anything that is already there, then click on Special and select the first option: Paragraph Mark.
- In the Replace with: field, type just a semicolon (;)
- Finally, click on Replace All and when it is done, just delete the last semicolon that is extra.
- There you go, you can copy-paste this text and use it as an emails list in any email program.